Monday, March 5, 2012

In-N-Out Burger

Shake Shack has been my only comparison to this legendary west coast fast food chain. Although I love Danny Meyer and his empire, there is no question that the Shack is the step-child of this phenomenal burger. My biggest criteria for a burger is the flavor of the meat, sans all the fixings. In-N-Out definitely seasons their meat well and I love their always fresh and never frozen motto. When you add their flavorful sauce, fresh buns, lettuce, and pickles to their well seasoned burgers it is heaven in a paper sleeve.
Little did I know, however, that In-N-Out has a “secret menu”  (yes I now know the secret is not so secret). My husband (hereinafter Chris or Desi) ordered the double double, animal style….which is mustard seasoned beef patties, extra pickles, cheese, special sauce, and grilled diced onions.  I must admit, I didn’t try Chris’s burger…it looked too overwhelming, but he swears by it. This coming from someone who doesn’t eat fast food (unless you count pizza as fast food) is a major compliment. 
So onto the fries - somehow their fries cut from fresh potatoes are starchy and flavorless. They taste like salty styrofoam.  
So the moral of the story is - order a burger, even two, but take a pass on the fries. You will have a great meal for about $5, but, unfortunately they don’t have any booze. FYI - They actually have an app to help you find the closest location, which is pretty cool.
In-N-Out Burger- http://www.in-n-out.com (Multiple Locations)





Double Double Animal Style Up Close

No comments:

Post a Comment